Grass Cutting and Ground Maintenance
The Service Aim
We maintain the grass, flower beds, shrubberies, hedges and trees on Council owned open spaces and recreation grounds. In addition to this we cut some grass verges on behalf of Suffolk County Council, at the side of the highway of our towns and larger villages. Grounds maintenance is monitored and reviewed regularly to ensure that a high quality, efficient and cost effective service is provided.
Note that we are not responsible for the maintenance of rural highway verges. These are maintained by Suffolk County Council Highways.
What does the Grass Cutting and Grounds Maintenance Service Provide?
- Cutting and otherwise maintaining grass
- Pruning and caring for trees to keep them healthy and in a safe condition;
- Maintaining shrubberies, rose beds and hedges;
- Generally maintaining play areas, collecting litter, sweeping paths and emptying litter bins;
What We Ask of You
- If you are unhappy with any aspect of the service or are experiencing grounds maintenance problems in your area please let us know.
- If you see any vandalism or antisocial behaviour please let us know that too, but telephone the Police first.
- Please let us know if you see anybody digging close to our trees especially if they are using a mechanical digger.
- If there is a vehicle involved in any of the above incidents please try and take down the number. This could help us trace the offender.
Report a grounds maintenance issue (Service unavailable at present)