Home > Housing > Nuisance and anti-social behaviour

Nuisance and anti-social behaviour

It is important to accept and understand the different lifestyles of other people. We cannot force neighbours to get on with each other, however we believe that neighbours should be considerate and tolerant towards one another.

Before reporting anti-social behaviour or nuisance behaviour to us, and only if you feel it is safe to do so, you should first try to talk to your neighbour causing the problem because they may not realise they are causing a nuisance. This can often resolve problems straight away. If you feel you are not able to approach your neighbour, or if all attempts to solve the problem amicably have been exhausted and the complaint constitutes a persistent nuisance, you can report a problem to us which will be allocated to and managed by your local Housing Officer.

If the person causing the problem is not a Council tenant, your complaint will be looked at by the Council’s Community Safety Team. We have fewer powers to deal with non-Council tenants however we do work with other agencies who may be able to help you.

If you wish to report an issue with noise, you should contact our Environmental Protection team.


Get in touch with us

Make a tenant services enquiry online


Reporting anti-social behaviour and neighbour nuisance

If you wish to report an issue, please complete our online form.

Report Anti-Social Behaviour 

Please allow 10 working days for an officer to respond to your complaint.


Reporting harassment, drug-related issues and illegal or immoral behaviour

If you wish to report a criminal / police related matter you should contact Suffolk Constabulary. There are a number of ways you can get in touch with Suffolk Constabulary depending on the urgency and type of request.

You can report an issue online through Suffolk Constabulary or you can call the non-emergency number 101.

You should always call 999 when life is threatened, if people are injured, if there is a crime in progress or an immediate police response is necessary.