Emergency or urgent repairs must be reported immediately by calling us on 0300 123 4000.
If you have an emergency repair outside our office hours (which are Monday – Friday, 8.45am-5.00pm), then please call 0808 168 7794.
Urgent advice for gas leaks
For gas leaks, call the National Grid's free Gas Emergency Services immediately on 0800 111 999.
Then, take the following actions:
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property;
- Do not turn on/off any naked electrical switches;
- Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition;
- If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually.
What is an emergency repair?
- Blocked or leaking foul drain, soil stack
- Blocked toilet (where there is only one in the property)
- Missing or dangerous manhole covers
- Total loss of room or water heating (between 1st November and 30th April)
- Total loss of water supply
- Leaking water or heating pipes, tank or cistern that cannot be controlled
- Toilet not flushing (where there is only one in the property)
- Roof leak whether temporary or permanent (only if weather permits safe working)
- Make safe dangerous structures (e.g. leaning walls, hanging guttering)
- Total loss of electric power.
- Unsafe/overheating electrical fittings
- In flats, complete failure of communal lighting to entrance halls, landing and staircase (not replacement of single light bulb or tube).
- External windows, doors or locks that cannot be secured
- Boarding up or re-glazing to prevent unauthorised access
- Gaining access due to loss of keys (this may be rechargeable to the tenant).