Forthcoming Decisions List
The forthcoming decisions list will be updated on a monthly rolling basis, and provides at least 28 clear days' notice of the consideration of any key decisions, and of the taking of any items in private. It is published in accordance with the Local Authorities (Executive Arrangements) Meetings and Access to Information) (England) Regulations 2012.
A key decision means an executive decision which, pending any further guidance from the Secretary of State, is likely to:
- result in the relevant local authority incurring expenditure which is, or the making of savings which are, significant having regard to the relevant local authority’s budget for the service or function to which the decision relates
- be significant in terms of its effects on communities living or working in an area comprising two or more wards or electoral divisions in the area of the relevant local authority
A decision taker may only make a key decision in accordance with the requirements of the Executive Procedures set out in the Constitution.
Consideration of Decisions
The majority of items will be considered at a meeting to which any member of the public may attend and observe, but may not speak. Any items marked with an asterisk * and categorised as an "Exempt Report" may be taken in private, if the related documentation contains "Exempt" or "Confidential" Information as defined in Schedule 12A of the Local Government Act 1972.
The categories of exempt information are:
- Information relating to any individual
- Information which is likely to reveal the identity of an individual
- Information relating to the financial or business affairs of any particular person (including the authority holding that information)
- Information relating to any consultations or negotiations, or contemplated consultations or negotiations in connection with any labour relations matter arising between the authority or a Minister of the Crown and employees of, or office holders under, the Authority
- Information in respect of which a claim to legal professional privilege could be maintained in legal proceedings
- Information which reveals that the authority proposes a) to give under any enactment a notice under or by virtue of which requirements are imposed on a person; or b) to make an order or direction under any enactment
- Information relating to any action taken or to be taken in connection with the prevention, investigation or prosecution of crime
Cabinet Members will consider information on key decisions through reports, associated appendices and schedules etc. Other documentation relevant to the decision being made may also be submitted for consideration. Subject to the “exemption and confidentiality” qualifications above, copies or extracts from any report or related documentation relating to a key decision will be available from the relevant Contact Officer listed in the this Plan.
Forthcoming Decisions List
Download the Forthcoming Decisions List