Collection Days and Calendar
Mid Suffolk and Babergh District Council operate an alternate week collection scheme, this means that one week we will collect your refuse bin and the following week the recycling bin will be collected. The service is operated by our contractor Serco.
What day is my bin collected?
To find out when your collection will take place, please call the Waste Services team on 01449 778678.
Please use the following collection calendar to find out which bin will need to be placed out:
To ensure that your wheeled bin is collected, please make sure that:
- The correct bin(s) are presented by 06.30am on the day of collection.
- The bin lids are firmly closed.
- The bins are placed at the nearest point to the public highway.
- Any additional waste is placed in authorised sacks, no waste in black sacks beside the bin will be taken.
- If the recycling bin is contaminated it will not be emptied.
- Make sure you know what goes in your bin by checking our Getting it right leaflet (376 kB, PDF).
Bank Holiday and Public Holidays
There will be changes to your collections on bank holidays and public holidays. Please see the collection calendar above for further details.
During adverse weather conditions such as ice and snow the collections may be disrupted. We will always notify residents on the front page of the website if this is the case.
Creeting Road Depot
Creeting Road West
Telephone: 01449 778678
Mon-Fri 8:30am - 5:00pm