click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2



If you are a full-time student, you may qualify for help with your rent, if you fall into one of the categories below:

  • In receipt of Income Support, Income Based Job Seekers Allowance or Employment & Support Allowance (Income related)
  • Students who count as part-time
  • Students under 21 not in higher education(the course must have started before you turned 19)
  • Students under 20 on non-advanced course of full time education or approved training which you began or you enrolled on before you turned 19
  • Students aged 60+ or whose partner is aged 60+
  • Students who qualify for a Disabled premium
  • Lone parent(s)
  • Student couples with dependent children
  • Solely responsible for a child aged under 19 and following a course of further education

Couples - Who must make the claim?

Partners of students, who are not students themselves, are eligible to claim Housing Benefit on behalf of the couple.

Further information

We will need information about the student's income, the name of the educational establishment and the course dates. Please contact us if you need further advice.