Home > Building Control > Street Naming and Numbering > Replacement or changes to street signs

Replacement or changes to street signs

If you feel that a street sign needs to be changed, or an extra sign is needed, then you should first contact the town/parish council.

Applications are only considered from a town or parish council when they have agreed to pay for the new sign or changes.

The application process 

The town/parish council must apply to the local authority who will consider the request.

Once received, the Street Naming and Numbering Service will review the request and make a decision.

If the change or replacement sign is agreed, details of the change and cost will be sent to the town/parish council to be approved. Once approved, the sign will be ordered and installed.

The town/parish council will be invoiced for the supply and installation costs. The district does not make a charge for the administration costs involved.


Change to or Additional Street Sign online application
Change to or additional street sign application (pdf document)

Further information

For more information please:

Read our change to or additional sign guidance document

Read the full guide to the street naming and numbering service

Contact us

Email Address Management

Phone 01449 724510