Statement of Licensing Policy Review
Under the Licensing Act 2003, each council needs to publish a Statement of Licensing Policy.
The Statement of Licensing Policy is meant to:
- Help the councillors serving on the Licensing Committee take decisions
- Help residents and businesses understand how the Council makes its licensing decisions
- Allow decisions to be understood clearly if challenged later in a court of law
We have recently updated our policies and would like to know what you think of them:
- Babergh District Council 'Statement of Licensing Policy' Consultation Document
- Mid Suffolk District Councils 'Statement of Licensing Policy' Consultation Document
You have until 16 September 2020 to let us know what you think.
It would be helpful if you could make reference to any particular section(s) of the policy which you are talking about. Please also ensure you include your full name and address.
Alternatively, write to us at:
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils,
8 Russell Road,
Ipswich IP1 2BX
We will not be able to consider any responses received after the closing date of the consultation period.
The new policies, if approved, will come into effect on 7 January 2021.