Skip to main content
click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2


Home > Business > Licensing > Keeping Dangerous Wild Animals

Keeping Dangerous Wild Animals

To protect the safety of the animal and the public, a licence is required to keep a dangerous wild animal as specified under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

Animals listed under the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976

Who can apply?

Any person aged 18 years or older, who is not disqualified from keeping any dangerous wild animal.

Is planning permission required?

We recommend that you discuss your proposals with Planning Services to determine whether a planning application is needed.

How do I apply for a licence?

You can apply and pay online using the form below

Licence to keep dangerous wild animals application form

How much does a licence cost?

A fee is payable please see current Fees and Charges.

How long does a licence last?

Two years from the date the licence is granted.

Licence conditions

Dangerous wild animals licence conditions

What can I do if my licence application is refused?

You can apply to the Magistrates' Court if your application is refused.

Public Registers