Home > Council Tax > Paying Council Tax > Debt advice organisations

Debt advice organisations

Please note that any outstanding balance you may still have from your 2021/22 Council Tax bill will not be carried over. Please complete our online Council Tax enquiry form so that we can get in touch with you to discuss your options. You will need your Council Tax account reference number to hand.

Money and Pensions Service

The Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) has guidance to help people manage changes to the cost of living. Its focus is on people who have not yet missed payments on their bills or credit commitments, but who are at serious risk of doing so.  

These resources and tools are aimed at people who: 


Citizens Advice Centres

Citizens Advice

StepChange Debt Charity

Wade House
Merrion Centre
Freephone: 0800 138 1111
Website: stepchange

National Debtline

Telephone: 0808 808 4000

Website: national debtline

Business Debtline

Telephone: 0800 197 6026

Website: business debtline