We are urging businesses to find out more about the support available during the Coronavirus crisis.
Support for businesses during lockdown
The Government has announced a set of grants for businesses affected by COVID-19.
While these grants will be administered by Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils, the details and criteria of the schemes have been defined by the Government.
NHS QR codes
- Venues within the hospitality, tourism and leisure industries
- Close contact services
- Community centres
- Village halls
must now request that every individual scan the NHS QR code or provide their contact details upon arrival. Every individual must do this - not just the lead member of the group.
This is to make sure that every person can receive timely public health advice, should they be/potentially be exposed to COVID-19.
You should make sure that all your staff have been notified of this change. All staff should understand that will have to ask all people entering the venue to scan the NHS code, or provide their contact details. Exemptions include children under the age of 16, and people entering the venue for drop-off/takeaway only.
Before reopening your venue, you must make sure that you understand your obligations:
- Display an official NHS QR code poster
- Request that all customers and visitors scan the NHS QR code or provide their contact details
- Keep a record of all staff (including shift times)
- Provide an alternative method to collect contact details (which doesn't require ownership of a smartphone)
- Keep information securely for 21 days before destroying it, and provide it to NHS Test & Trace if requested
- Hospitality venues only: Take reasonable steps to refuse entry to those who refuse to participate with customer/visitor obligations. This means you must - to the best of your ability - comply with the requirement to refuse entry. You should feel that you have done all that could be reasonably expected of you.
The Information Commissioners Office (ICO) has produced guidance to ensure you are GDPR compliant when collecting and storing contact details.
- Read the Government guidance on the new national restrictions
- Read the Government's Roadmap out of Lockdown which includes information on how and when lockdown restrictions may be lifted.
- Find out what guidance is available to help businesses to work safely during coronavirus
- Find out more about the Government support for businesses including financial support available
- Contact the New Anglia Growth Hub for advice and support
- Information for businesses around service changes to Building Control