From Wednesday 2 December, businesses and residents in Suffolk will need to follow Tier 2: High Alert Restriction Measures.
These guidelines outline what it means for businesses, going to work, meeting friends and family, physical activity and more.
Help stop the spread of COVID-19
It is crucial, that when people leave home, they stick to the following guidelines:
- HANDS - Wash your hands regularly and for 20 seconds.
- FACE - Wear a face covering in indoor settings where social distancing may be difficult, and where you will come into contact with people you do not normally meet. It is now mandatory to wear a face covering inside shops, supermarkets, banks and takeaways as well as on public transport.
- SPACE - Stay 2 metres apart from people you do not live with where possible, or 1 metre with extra precautions in place (such as wearing face coverings or increasing ventilation indoors).
NHS Track and Trace QR Code
Businesses, place of worship or community organisations with a physical location that is open to the public must now support the NHS Track and Trace app by displaying a unique QR code. It is easy to create a coronavirus QR code poster by submitting your details and location online.
We have created a series of downloadable posters with guidance and reminders to help maintain social distancing:
Babergh District posters
Mid Suffolk District posters
- Visitors: social distancing reminder
- Face covering: social distancing reminder
- Working safely to welcome customers