Home > Housing > Council Housing > Looking for a home > Registering for Gateway to HomeChoice
Registering for Gateway to HomeChoice
Due to the current high demand on our services, there are delays of up to 8 weeks in registering new Gateway to Homechoice applications.
Once we start to process your application we will write to you to ask for copies of documents to verify your details.
Apply for Housing on Gateway to Homechoice
What you need to know before you apply
The Gateway to HomeChoice online form takes around 30 minutes to complete.
You can save the form at any point and complete it later - even if you are not on your own computer.
You will need to complete the form within two weeks. If not, you will have to start again.
You will need the following information:
- names, dates of birth and current addresses of everyone who will live in the house
- telephone number and an email address (if you have one)
- national insurance numbers for yourself and your partner
- full address history for the last six years. There must not be any gaps and dates must not overlap
- your employment and income details
Once you have started the form, you will be given a unique login reference number.
What happens after I have registered?
After you have registered, we will to write to you within 28 days. We will ask you to provide certain documents. This is so we can review your application.
Once these have been received and your application has been approved, we will inform you of:
- your banding
- your login number
- information about how to bid for a home