Home > Housing > Council Housing > Our tenants > Contents Insurance

Contents Insurance

Home contents insurance - why do I need it?

As a Council Tenant, your landlord will not cover insurance for your contents as part of the tenancy agreement. It's a good idea to consider what a home contents insurance policy would cover you for, to help you decide whether you need one.

Contents insurance is designed to help protect your possessions. No matter how careful you are, there's always a risk that your belongings could be broken, damaged or stolen. Home contents insurance can help provide peace of mind.

The Councils have teamed up with Thistle Tenants Risks and Ageas Insurance Limited, who provide the Crystal Insurance Scheme. This is a specialist Tenants Contents Insurance policy. This partnership is in place to help you decide whether home contents insurance is right for you. 

The Crystal Insurance Scheme can offer you insurance for the contents of your home, including cover for items like:

  • furniture
  • carpets
  • curtains
  • clothes
  • bedding
  • electrical items
  • jewellery
  • pictures
  • ornaments

How do I get further information?

  • Ask your local Housing Officer for an application pack
  • Call Thistle Tenant Risks on 0345 450 7286

Alternatively, please visit the Crystal Insurance website for more information or to request a call back.

The Crystal Insurance Scheme is a product name arranged and administered by Thistle Tenant Risks a trading style of Thistle Insurance Services Limited.

Thistle Insurance Services Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN 310419.  Registered in England under No. 00338645. Registered office: Rossington's Business Park, West Carr Road, Retford, Nottinghamshire, DN22 7SW.  Thistle Insurance Services Limited is part of the PIB Group.

For information about what Crystal Insurance does with personal data please read their Privacy Policy