Babergh and Mid Suffolk’s Housing team have launched a new remote assistance service, where tenants can now video call with an Officer.
We want to continue to keep our staff and tenants safe, despite the challenges caused by COVID-19. Video calls help us to maintain our high-quality standard of service, whilst we try to reduce risk and manage our operational costs.
This technology will also ensure that officers visit homes to resolve issues when there is a need for it. Some problems may be managed and fixed remotely (for example, guiding the customer through a set of instructions).
What are the main features of remote assistance?
- Remote video support – Our officers can provide guidance with any issues remotely
- Screen sharing - Ability to share your screen, from any device, to provide visibility of your home and issues
- Annotation - Our officers can pause the screen, make notes or draw on the image to provide guidance and help solve the problem
- Voice connection - Voice connection will also serve as a back-up to the shared video stream
- Video recording - There is the option to record video calls, that can then be uploaded and stored against the job - which will prove essential for evidencing and compliance
What are the benefits of using it?
- Reduces the need for unnecessary visits, while prioritising essential ones that are effectively triaged
- If a visit is required, it has been effectively triaged. This means that officers are more informed about what they need to help complete the job
- Improves safety for officers and customers, whilst minimising the risk of infection and any associated health impact
- Remote video support enables problems to be solved quickly, where possible
- Provides an enhanced customer experience and satisfaction
- Reduces the creation of unnecessary work, meaning staff time is more efficiently deployed
- Provides evidence as to why a decision for home visits was necessary, where relevant
- Improves compliance, as this information can be referred to at a later date
- Minimises associated travel and costs