Apply for alterations

If you want to make alterations to your home, you must get permission from us first.

To seek permission, you must complete a form:

Tenant or Owner Occupier Alteration Form


Following the recent lockdowns caused by COVID-19, we are facing an unprecedented number of applications for tenant applications, which has led to a backlog. We are currently experiencing delays, which means that there is a time frame of three to four months to review and process applications. Our dedicated team are working as fast as they can, whilst conducting due diligence. We will respond to every application as soon as we possibly can.

We appreciate your patience and understanding during these times. 


What are the types of alterations that would need the Council's approval?

Listed below are examples of the type of alterations that would need our approval:

  • Bath fixtures
  • Conservatories
  • Doors
  • Electrical fittings/sockets
  • Extensions
  • Fences
  • Fires and fireplaces
  • Floors
  • Garages
  • Heating and heating fittings
  • Hedges
  • Kitchen units/vents
  • Porches
  • Sheds
  • Satellite dishes
  • Showers
  • Trees
  • T.V. aerials
  • Walls
  • Water meters
  • Windows