Housing for Single People
If you are homeless or at risk of losing your home, you may be eligible for supported housing. This could be in a hostel or shared house.
Supported housing aims to help you resolve problems and to work with you to move on.
Other organisations which may help
Solo Housing has a lodging scheme for single people. They match them with people who have a spare room to rent.
For more information contact our Housing Solutions Team
If you are homeless tonight you can make direct contact with these organisations:
- Ipswich - Genesis Housing Cavendish Lodge (18+ years) - 01473 219155
- Bury St Edmunds - Genesis Housing Grove Park (18+ years) - 01284 723839
- Bury St Edmunds – Tayfen House, Tayfen Road - 01284 725487
- Colchester Night Shelter – 39 – 41 Alexandra Road - 01206 549558
- Lowestoft – Genesis Trafalgar House (18+ years) – 01502 564381
- Jimmy's Cambridge (18yrs+), East Road, Cambridge, CB1 1BD - 01223 576085
Private renting and benefits
Most single people under 35, who rely on benefits, are restricted to the single room rate of the Local Housing Allowance. There are a number of websites which advertise rooms to rent:
For more information about the Local Housing Allowance and exemptions to the single room rate, read our Benefits information and advice