click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply 2


report 2


pay 2


Home > Housing > Leaseholders > Insurance


As the freeholder, we insure you against loss of, or damage caused to, the buildings.

You are recharged a proportion of the insurance costs relating to your flat. This charge appears as an item on your annual service charge.

We will insure the building your home is in for the full cost of rebuilding it, not for the price we would get for selling it.

You must let us know if there are any changes because this may affect your claim.

Please let us know if:

  • you no longer live in the property and you have decided to rent it out
  • the property will be empty for more than 30 days in a row
  • you carry out internal alterations
  • you have had an extension built - including a conservatory

Please note that the insurance included with your service charges only covers the structure of the building, including fixtures and fittings.  You must make your own arrangements to protect the contents of your flat and personal possessions.  

If you wish to make a claim under the buildings insurance, you should in the first instance contact our insurance section via the insurance email address.