Selling your leaseholder property
Right of first refusal
You must offer your property back to us if you:
- bought on or after 18 January 2005
- are moving within ten years of purchasing your home
If you bought your home before 18 January 2005, you do not need our permission to sell.
Notifying us of your sale
It is important that we are notified of your sale as soon as possible. We will need the name of the Solicitors acting on behalf of the person buying from you.
We will not be able to amend our records until we have this information.
We will continue to send information to the former leaseholder, who will still be responsible for the property, until this information is provided.
Leaseholder Information Pack
If you wish to sell your home, you can apply for a standard leasehold information pack (sales enquiry).
It contains information about your home and the service charges that are payable.
It is important to remember that:
- All outstanding charges and loans must be cleared
- Your solicitor has retained sufficient monies for any charges that have not yet been invoiced
- We are unable to change the ownership details on the property until we have received a notice of assignment from the purchaser's solicitors