click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply hd


report hd


pay hd


Home > Housing > Our tenants > Caring for your home and safety advice > Insuring your Council home

Insuring your Council home


We insure the structure of your home.

You should insure the contents of your home including the decorations.

If you live in a flat or maisonette, please make sure that this includes insurance for frost and flooding and for any damage you may cause to other people's property.


We have joined together with Thistle Tenant Risks to offer you home contents insurance at an affordable rate. The insurance will:

  • Cover fire, theft, flood, water damage and other household risk 
  • Cover lost or stolen keys
  • Freezer contents
  • Accidental damage to fixed glass in doors and windows 


For more information contact Thistle Insurance on 0845 601 7007 or if may be cheaper to call 01628 586187 from a mobile. Alternatively you can email:

More information is also available on their website: