Garage Rental Terms and Conditions
Rent must be paid weekly or monthly by Direct Debit. The amount charged is subject to change by the Council. We will inform you before making any changes.
Use of garage
Your garage should be used to store your motor vehicle. It must not be used for storage of combustible materials. The Council accepts no responsibility for damage to your vehicle.
You must not:
- Assign or sublet the garage without previous consent in writing from the Council.
- Make any alterations to the premises without the consent of the Council.
- Use the garage so as to cause a nuisance or annoyance to others.
- Conduct a business from the garage.
Please ensure doors are kept closed when not in use for safety and security. Damage may occur if left open.
You must follow normal safety requirements to protect yourself and others. The Council accepts no liability for your actions in the use of the garage.
Council access to the garage
Representatives of the Council have a right of access in order to carry out maintenance and repairs.
If you are responsible for any damage or neglect to the garage, you may have to pay for whatever work is necessary.
Ending the rental
The tenancy may be terminated by two weeks’ notice given by either party.
At the end of the tenancy, you must leave the garage empty and in a clean condition. If items are found in the garage, these items will be removed. You will be charged with the cost of clearance.
Keys are to be handed into the offices at one of the following:
- Sudbury Town Hall, Old Market Place, Sudbury, CO10 1TL
- Stowmarket CAP, 54 Ipswich Street, Stowmarket, IP14 1AD
The keys are the property of Babergh/Mid Suffolk District Council. If you lose these, a lock change will be necessary. You may be charged. This could cost around £50.00.