click for the homepage
mobile menu button

Contact Us

apply hd


report hd


pay hd


Home > Housing > Report or request a repair > Disabled adaptions

Disabled adaptions

We install adaptations for disabled people who live in one our council houses.

If you require minor adaptations such as hand rails, stair rails, lever taps or levelling thresholds, please contact us to discuss your requirements.

For all other adaptations please contact Social Care Services' Occupational Therapists on 0808 800 4005. 

Social Care Services will arrange to assess your needs, then advise us of the work that is required.

We will then visit your house to check where the adaptation is to go and that the property is suitable for the adaptations recommended.

In some cases the nature or cost of the application may indicate that a transfer to more suitable property is the better solution.