Emergency or urgent repairs must be reported immediately by calling us on 0300 123 4000.
If you have an emergency repair outside our office hours (which are Monday – Friday, 8.45am-5.00pm), then please call 0808 168 7794.
Find out more on repair responsibilities following the link below:
Urgent advice for gas leaks
For gas leaks, call the National Grid's free Gas Emergency Services immediately on 0800 111 999.
Then, take the following actions:
- Open all doors and windows to ventilate the property;
- Do not turn on/off any naked electrical switches;
- Extinguish all naked flames, do not smoke, strike matches or do anything which could cause ignition;
- If there are any electrical security entry phones/locks, please open door manually.
What is an emergency repair?
- Blocked or leaking foul drain, soil stack
- Blocked toilet (where there is only one in the property)
- Missing or dangerous manhole covers
- Total loss of room or water heating (between 1st November and 30th April)
- Total loss of water supply
- Leaking water or heating pipes, tank or cistern that cannot be controlled
- Toilet not flushing (where there is only one in the property)
- Roof leak whether temporary or permanent (only if weather permits safe working)
- Make safe dangerous structures (e.g. leaning walls, hanging guttering)
- Total loss of electric power.
- Unsafe/overheating electrical fittings
- In flats, complete failure of communal lighting to entrance halls, landing and staircase (not replacement of single light bulb or tube).
- External windows, doors or locks that cannot be secured
- Boarding up or re-glazing to prevent unauthorised access
- Gaining access due to loss of keys (this may be rechargeable to the tenant).