National and local validation requirements
For a planning application to be valid, there are statutory and local information requirements that apply to each application type. These are commonly known as the national and local lists.
National requirements apply to all planning applications in England. Local requirements are set by the local planning authority, with regard to local policies and constraints.
Babergh and Mid Suffolk’s local validation lists (including the national validation requirements) were adopted on 23 January 2020. In March 2022, the lists were reviewed - which resulted in some minor revisions. There was a further six week consultation which ended in January 2023. To view details of the most recent consultation responses, please read the following document:
Recent Consultation Responses - (December 2022 to January 2023)
Adopted Local Validation Lists (Last updated April 2023)
- LVL Part One Householder
- LVL Part Two Major and Minor
- Enhanced Design & Access Statement Template
- Water Neutrality Statement Guidance
- New! FRA Guidance for Householder Applications
- Householder Submission Guide
- National Validation Requirements
- Suffolk Biodiversity Validation Requirements
This page was last updated on 18 September 2023.