Acton Neighbourhood Plan
The Acton Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by their parish council and local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
SEA/HRA screening and determination (May 2023)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and or a habitats regulations assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Acton NDP SEA Screening Opinion (LUC, Apr 2023)
- Read the Acton NDP SEA Determination Notice (May 2023)
- Read the Acton NDP HRA Screening Report (LUC, Apr 2023)
- Read the Acton NDP HRA Determination Notice (May 2023)
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (3 April to 22 May 2023)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft NDP ended on 22 May 2023.
Please visit the parish council website for more information
Reg 05 - Area designation (26 October 2021)
On 29 September 2021, the parish council submitted an application to define the boundary of their NDP. Under the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended), Babergh District Council confirmed this designation on Tuesday 26 October 2021.
A notice to this effect, the application and a map identifying the NDP area can be accessed below:
- Read the area designation notice
- Read the area designation application
- View the Acton NDP area map (Note: The area follows the parish boundary)