Boxford Neighbourhood Plan
Boxford Parish Council and the local community are preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (16 May 2022)
Babergh District Council have appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Boxford NDP. The examination has commenced and further updates will be published as and when appropriate.
Guidance published by NPIERS in 2018 also introduced the opportunity for NDP Groups to view and comment on the representations made at the Reg 16 stage.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (7 March – 29 April 2022)
The district council carried out formal consultation on the submitted NDP, to see whether it fulfils the Basic Conditions set out in the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.
The consultation was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended).
The consultation period ran from 7 March until 29 April 2022.
The parish council (as the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map identifying the NDP area
- The submission draft Boxford NDP 2021 - 2037
- A consultation statement
- A Basic Conditions statement
- A strategic environment assessment (SEA) report (AECOM, January 2022)
- The SEA scoping report (AECOM, October 2021)
- Copies of the SEA and habitats regulations assessment (HRA) screening reports and determination notices
- A housing needs assessment report (AECOM, September 2020)
- A site options assessment report (AECOM, August 2021)
- The Boxford NP design guidelines and codes (AECOM, March 2021)
An assessment as to whether this NDP meets the Basic Conditions will be carried out by an independent examiner. Our initial checks confirmed that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. Read the Regulation 15 Checklist
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and - with the exception of personal contact details - published on this website.
SEA/HRA screening and determination (September 2021)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether an SEA and/or an HRA were needed. Both were 'screened-in'. Copies of the relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Boxford NDP SEA Screening Report (LUCs, July 2021)
- Read the Boxford NDP SEA Determination Notice (Sept 2021)
- Read the Boxford NDP HRA Screening Report incl. Appropriate Assessment (Place Services, Aug 2021)
- Read the Boxford NDP HRA Determination Notice (Sept 2021)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (8 July to 13 September 2021)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Boxford NDP ended on 13 September 2021.
Visit the parish council's website for more information.
Reg 05 Area Designation (6 August 2018)
On 2 August 2018, the parish council submitted an application to define the boundary of their NDP.
Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), Babergh District Council confirmed the designated NDP area on 6 August 2018.
A notice to this effect, a copy of the application and a map identifying the NDP area can be viewed below: