Bures Neighbourhood Plan
The parishes of Bures Hamlet and Bures St Mary have begun the process of preparing a joint Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). When complete, their Plan may:
- contain planning policies for the development and use of land,
- allocate sites for new homes, employment and community land uses, and
- provide further guidance on the appearance and design of any new buildings.
Reg 6 - Area Designation Consultation (1 Sept - 15 October 2021)
A joint application has been submitted by Bures Hamlet Parish Council and Bures St Mary Parish Council to their respective local planning authorities. They are Braintree District Council and Babergh District Council.
As the application seeks to designate the two parishes as a single Neighbourhood Plan Area a six week consultation period is required. Both authorities are therefore inviting comments on the appropriateness or otherwise of the proposed NDP Area.
The consultation begins on Wednesday 1 September and will close at 4:00pm on Friday 15 October 2021.
- Read the Public Notice (this includes details on how to respond)
- Read the Area Designation Application (this is the version submitted to Babergh DC)
- View a Map of the Proposed NDP Area
Nb: The same consultation is being publicised on the Braintree District Council website. Follow this link to read more.