Wherstead Neighbourhood Plan
The Wherstead Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Wherstead Parish Council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Strategic Environmental Assessment and Habitats Regulations Assessment screening and determination (Feb 2022)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a strategic environmental assessment (SEA) and/or a habitats assessment (HRA) were needed. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the SEA Screening Report (LUC, Sept 2021)
- Read the SEA Determination Notice (Feb 2022)
- Read the HRA Screening Report incl. Appropriate Assessment (Place Services, Dec 2021)
- Read the HRA Determination Notice (Feb 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (9 Oct to 22 Nov 2021)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Wherstead NDP ended on 22 November 2021.
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.
Reg 05 - Area Designation (Sept 2020)
On 9 September 2020, Wherstead Parish Council submitted an application to define the boundary of their Neighbourhood Plan.
Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), Babergh District Council confirmed the designated NDP area on 14 September 2020.
A notice to this effect, a copy of the application and a map identifying the Wherstead NDP area can be viewed below:
- Wherstead NDP area designation notice
- Wherstead NDP area designation application
- Wherstead NDP area map (Note: The area follows the parish boundary)