Wherstead Neighbourhood Plan
Wherstead Parish Council have begun the process of preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). When complete, the Plan may:
- contain planning policies for the development and use of land
- allocate sites within the parish for new homes, employment and community land uses
- provide further guidance on the appearance and design of any new buildings
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (9 October to 22 November 2021)
The parish council are consulting on the pre-submission draft version of their NDP. The consultation ends on Monday 22 November 2021.
Pleas visit the parish council's website for more information.
Reg 05 - Area Designation (September 2020)
On 9 September 2020, the parish council submitted an application to define the boundary of their Neighbourhood Plan. Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), Babergh District Council confirmed the designated NDP area on 14 September 2020.
A notice to this effect, a copy of the application and a map identifying the NDP area can be viewed below:
- Wherstead NDP Area Designation Notice
- Wherstead NDP Area Designation Application
- Wherstead NDP area map (Note: The area follows the parish boundary)