Diss & District Neighbourhood Plan
Diss Town Council have begun the process of preparing a multi-parish, cross-county boundary Neighbourhood Development Plan (the DDNP). In total, the town council and six adjoining parishes have agreed to work together to produce this Plan which, when complete, may:
- contain planning policies for the development and use of land
- allocate sites for new homes, employment and community land uses
- provide further guidance on the appearance and design of any new buildings
Reg 14 Major Modifications consultation (24 Mar to 5 May 2022)
The DDNP Working Group carried out a focused six-week consultation on modifications to their pre-submission draft plan. Their consultation ended on Thursday 5 May.
Please visit the DDNP website for more information.
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (23 Jun to 18 Aug 2021)
Pre-submission consultation ended on 18 August 2021.
Reg 05 Area Designation (23 August 2017)
In June 2017, Diss Town Council (the 'qualifying body') submitted an application to both South Norfolk Council and Mid Suffolk District Council to define the boundary of the Diss & District NDP Area.
The application was made for and on behalf of (in South Norfolk):
- Diss Town Council
- Roydon Parish Council
- Burston and Shimpling Parish Council
- Scole Parish Council
and (in Mid Suffolk):
- Palgrave Parish Council
- Stuston Parish Meeting
- Brome and Oakley Parish Council
The publication period began on 16 June 2017 and closed on 31 July 2017.
Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), both local authorities confirmed the designated NDP Area on 23 August 2017.
A notice to this effect, a copy of the application and a map identifying the NDP area can be viewed below:
- Read the area designation notice
- View the schedule of responses to the area application
- View the area designation application
- View the DDNP area map
Further information about the DDNP may also appear on South Norfolk Council's website.