Eye Neighbourhood Plan
The Eye Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Eye Town Council and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 20 Formal Adoption (May 2021)
In an 'out of meeting' decision taken on 19 May 2021, Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to 'make' (adopt) the Eye NDP. This followed a majority 'yes' vote in favour of doing so by local residents.
This NDP now forms part of the development plan for the district. It will be used to help determine planning applications in the parish of Eye unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted Eye NDP [Please note: large file]
- Read the adoption Decision Statement
- View the Eye NDP Area Map
- Access the Action-out-of-Meeting Request
Local Referendum (6 May 2021)
Reg 18 Decision Statement (May 2020)
The decision that this NDP, subject to modification, should proceed to referendum was made by Mid Suffolk Cabinet on 13 January 2020. The decision statement was belatedly published in May 2020.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 25 Oct 2019)
The Eye NDP was independently examined by Rosemary Kidd, Dip TP MRTPI. The examination has conducted through written correspondence.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (22 May - 5 July 2019)
Consultation on the submission draft NDP was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended).
Eye Town Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- The submission draft Eye NDP (May 2019)
- A map identifying the NDP Area
- A number of Supporting Documents
- A Consultation Statement
- A Summary of the Reg 14 pre-submission comments
- A Basic Conditions statement
- A Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Report
- A copy of the SEA Determination Notice
- A copy of the Habitats Assessment Determination Notice
- The Reg 15 Checklist
- The Reg 16 Consultation Responses (Updated 17 July 2019)
- The Town Council's Reg 16 Reply
SEA/HRA Screening and Determination (Jan 2019)
The pre-submission draft NDP was assessed screened to determine whether an SEA and/or an Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) were needed. The need for an SEA Scoping Report was 'screened-in'. The need for an HRA Scoping Report was 'screened-out'.
Copies of the relevant reports and notices of determination are published below:
- SEA/HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Dec 2018)
- SEA Determination Notice (Jan 2019)
- HRA Determination Notice (Jan 2019)