Needham Market Neighbourhood Plan
The Needham Market Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Needham Market Town Council. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (start date TBC)
Mid Suffolk District Council have appointed Ann Skippers BSc (Hons) MRTPI FHEA FRSA AoU to carry out an independent examination of the Needham Market NDP. We do not have a start date yet, but will publish further updates when we have them.
The Neighbourhood Planning Independent Examiner Referral Service (NPIERS) also published guidance in 2018 which gave NDP groups the opportunity to view and comment on any representations made at the Reg 16 stage. A copy of the representations and the Town Council's response to these are published below.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (2 Dec 2020 - 27 Jan 2021)
The District Council have carried out formal consultation on the submitted Needham Market NDP to see if it fulfils the Basic Conditions. These are set out in Paragraph 8(1)(a)(2) of Schedule 4B of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
The consultation was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from Wed 2 December 2020 to Wed 27 January 2021.
The Town Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A map showing the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The submission draft Needham Market NDP
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- Copies of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Determination Notice and
- Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Determination Notice which confirm that this Plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects
- As supporting evidence, a Development Framework & Design Guidelines document.
An assessment as to whether this NDP fulfils the Basic Conditions will be carried out by an Independent Examiner.
An initial check was undertaken to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the Independent Examiner and that they would be published on this website.
SEA/HRA Screening & Determination (May 2020)
The Pre-submission draft version of the NDP was assessed to determine whether a SEA and/or a HRA were needed. The outcome of this exercise was that the need for an SEA Scoping Report and/or HRA Scoping Report were both 'screened-out'. Copies of the relevant reports and Notices of Determination are published below:
- Needham Market NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Feb 2020)
- Needham Market NDP SEA Determination Notice (May 2020)
- Needham Market NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Mar 2020)
- Needham Market NDP HRA Determination Notice (May 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (27 Jan - 10 Mar 2020)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft NDP closed on 10 March 2020. Visit Needham Market Town Council's website for more information.
Please note: This draft version of the NDP also updated and replaced the document first published in July 2015.