Thorndon Neighbourhood Plan
The Thorndon Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Thorndon Parish Council and the local community. When completed, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 21 Sept 2020)
Mid Suffolk District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Thorndon NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On 21 September 2020, the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, the Thorndon NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
A report on the above will now be taken to Mid Suffolk Cabinet on 7 Dec 2020. Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination Plan.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (22 June 2020 – 14 Aug 2020)
The District Council undertook formal consultation on the submitted Thorndon NDP to see if it fulfils the Basic Conditions as required by Paragraph 8(1)(a)(2) of Schedule 4B of the Town & Country Planning Act 1990 (inserted by the Localism Act 2011). This was in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from Mon 22 June 2020 until Fri 14 Aug 2020.
Thorndon Parish Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP relates
- The draft Thorndon NDP (Jun 2020) and other Supporting Documents
- A Consultation Statement, a Basic Conditions Statement, and
- Copies of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and Habitats Regulation Assessment (HRA) Notices which confirm that this Plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects
An assessment as to whether the Thorndon NDP fulfils the Basic Conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner (see Latest News above). An initial check was undertaken to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Reg 15 Checklist
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the Independent Examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, would be published on this website.
SEA/HRA Screening & Determination (May 2020)
The Pre-submission draft of the NDP was assessed to determine whether a SEA and/or a HRA were required. The outcome of this exercise was that the need for an SEA Scoping Report and/or HRA Scoping Report were both 'screened-out'. Copies of the relevant reports and Notices of Determination are published below.
- Thorndon NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Mar 2020)
- Thorndon NDP SEA Determination Notice (May 2020)
- Thorndon NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Mar 2020)
- Thorndon NDP HRA Determination Notice (May 2020)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (15 Feb - 30 Mar 2020)
- Visit the Parish Council's Neighbourhood Plan webpage for more details