Wilby Neighbourhood Plan
The Wilby Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Wilby Parish Council and will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 20 Formal Adoption (May 2021)
In an 'out of meeting' decision taken on 19 May 2021, Mid Suffolk District Council resolved to 'make' (adopt) the Wilby NDP. This followed a majority 'yes' vote in favour of doing so by local residents.
This NDP now forms part of the development plan for the district. It will be used to help determine planning applications in the parish of Wilby, unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- Read the adopted Wilby NDP (May 2021)
- Read the adoption Decision Statement
- View the Wilby NDP Area Map
- Access the Action-out-of-meeting Request
Local Referendum (6 May 2021)
Reg 18 Decision Statement (Feb 2021)
The decision that this NDP should proceed to referendum was made by Mid Suffolk Cabinet on 8 February 2021.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Oct 2020)
The Wilby NDP was independently examined by Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
Reg 16 Pre-submission Consultation (12 Aug 2020 to 7 Oct 2020)
Consultation on the submission draft Wilby NDP was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended).
Wilby Parish Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- The submission draft Wilby NDP 2018 - 2036 [Note: Large file]
- A map identifying the NDP Area
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A copy of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Determination Notice
- A copy of the Habitats Assessment (HRA) Determination Notice
- A Site Heritage Impact Assessment
SEA/HRA Screening & Determination (June/July 2020)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to decide whether an SEA and/or an HRA were needed. Both were 'screened-out'.
Responding to our consultations on these, Historic England advised that further SEA work was needed. This was resolved through the submission of a Strategic Heritage Impact Assessment. On habitat matters, Natural England agreed with the conclusions reached in the HRA screening report. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Wilby NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Feb 2020)
- Wilby NDP SEA Determination Notice (July 2020)
- Wilby NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Feb 2020)
- Wilby NDP HRA Determination Notice (Jun 2020)