Please use the links below to see the Core Strategy Document and further information regarding the examination and adoption process.
- View the Core Strategy (2014) Document
- View the Adoption Statement
- View the Core Strategy SEA Adoption Statement
- View the Inspectors Report
- View the Core Strategy (2014) Document Library
- View the Core Strategy (2014) Examination Pages
The Core Strategy contains the strategic objectives and policies to key planning issues of housing, employment, environmental protection and infrastructure improvement. The Babergh Core Strategy (2014) was adopted by Full Council on Tuesday 25th February 2014, the document having previously been found sound by the Inspector appointed to oversee the public examination process. The Core Strategy replaces many of the policies in the  Babergh Local Plan with a full list of superseded policies published in the back of the document.
The Core Strategy document is being replaced by a new Joint Local Plan document for Babergh and Mid Suffolk districts.