Joint Local Plan - Preferred Options (July 2019)
Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan - Preferred Options (Regulation 18) Consultation - July 2019
The Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan - Preferred Options Consultation (Reg 18) was approved by Babergh Full Council on 25th June 2019 and Mid Suffolk Full Council on 27th June 2019. This is an important document which will provide the strategy for the growth of the Districts, setting out what and where development will take place up to 2036. Residents, local businesses and stakeholders were invited to have their say on the new Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan. The Joint Local Plan - Preferred Options (Reg 18) was open for consultation from Monday 22nd July and closed at 4pm on Monday 30th September 2019.
The consultation for the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report opened on 18th March and closed at 12 noon on Friday 24th April 2020. To view the Sustainability Appraisal Scoping Report Consultation, please click on the consultation page button below. Please note this is NOT a consultation on the Joint Local Plan, but on the scope of the related SA documents which are required by the Regulations.
Our dedicated consultation portal allows you to view the comments made and view an interactive mapping system. To view these please click below:
- View the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan Preferred Options (July 2019)
- Part 1 - Objectives and Strategic Policies
- Part 2 - Local Policies
- Part 3 - Town Centre Maps and Settlement Maps Key
- Part 3 - Babergh Settlement Maps A to H
- Part 3 - Babergh Settlement Maps I to P
- Part 3 - Babergh Settlement Maps Q to Z
- Part 3 - Mid Suffolk Settlement Maps A to O
- Part 3 - Mid Suffolk Settlement Maps P to Z
The Sustainability Appraisal Addendum is an additional document and was not considered at Babergh and Mid Suffolk Full Council meetings on the 25th and 27th June respectively.
A Statement of Common Ground (v3 Dec 2018) has been agreed in relation to Strategic Cross Boundary Planning Matters in the Ipswich Strategic Planning Area
Please note that due to the current Coronavirus (Covid-19) situation hard copies of the Joint Local Plan (Preferred Options Regulation 18 Consultation Document, July 2019) cannot be purchased at this time.
Earlier in the consultation period, the Councils held a range of public drop-in events where members of the public can find out more information on the Joint Local Plan. These are as follows:
- Stowmarket - Tuesday 6th August 2019 2:00pm to 5:00pm, United Reform Church, Ipswich Street, Stowmarket, IP14 1AD
- Copdock - Thursday 8th August 2019 3:30pm to 6:30pm Copdock Village Hall, London Road, Copdock, IP8 3JN
- Stradbroke - Tuesday 13th August 2019 3:30pm to 5:30pm Stradbroke Community Centre, Wilby Road, Stradbroke, IP21 5JN
- Lavenham - Wednesday 14th August 2019 3:30pm to 7:00pm, Lavenham Village Hall, Church Street, Lavenham, CO10 9QT
During the consultation stage the document and comment forms will be available to view at libraries within the Districts:
- Capel St Mary Library, Village Hall, The Street, Capel St Mary IP9 2EP
- Debenham Library, School Corner, Debenham IP14 6PL
- Elmswell Library, Memorial Library, Cooks Road, Elmswell IP30 9BX
- Eye Library, 6 Cross Street, Eye, IP23 7AA
- Glemsford Library, Village Hall, Glemsford CO10 7RH
- Great Cornard Library, Thomas Gainsborough School, Head Lane, Great Cornard CO10 0JU
- Hadleigh Library, 29 High Street, Hadleigh IP7 5AG
- Lavenham Library, Lavenham Village Hall, Church Street, Lavenham CO10 9QT
- Long Melford Library, United Reformed Church Room, Hall Street, Long Melford CO10 9JT
- Needham Market Library, School Street, Needham Market IP6 8BB
- Shotley Library, Shotley Village Hall, The Street, Shotley IP9 1LX
- Stowmarket Library, Milton Road, Stowmarket IP14 1EX
- Stradbroke Library, Court House, Queens Street, Stradbroke IP21 5HG
- Sudbury Library, Market Hill, Sudbury CO10 2EN
- Thurston Library, Thurston Community College, Thurston IP31 3PB
Please see Suffolk Libraries for opening times and contact details.
Comments received during the Joint Local Plan Consultation in August - November 2017 have been considered in the production of the Joint Local Plan: Preferred Options (July 2019). To view a summary of the main issues raised and how these have been considered in the production of the Joint Local Plan please view the Councils Statement of Consultation - July 2019.
The Councils previously consulted on the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan: Consultation Document (August 2017) in 2017. The information below related to the previous consultation. All documents have now been superseded.
From 21st August 2017 to 5pm on 10th November 2017 the Councils consulted on the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan - Consultation Document (Reg 18 Stage). To view the relevant documents please use the links below.
- View the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan: Consultation Document (August 2017) Interactive Document
- View the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan: Consultation Document (August 2017) Online Mapping
- View the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan Consultation Document - August 2017
- View the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Joint Local Plan: Sustainability Appraisal (August 2017)
To view a summary of the key comments and responses please view the Councils Statement of Consultation - July 2019.
- View the Notice of Public Consultation
- View the Local Plan Consultation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- View the Local Plan Evidence Base
- View the Babergh and Mid Suffolk Annual Monitoring Report (AMR)
- View the Local Development Scheme (LDS)
- The consultation will be held in accordance with the Council's Statement of Community Involvement (SCI)