Medical and clinical waste
Please note that clinical waste and needles must not be put in refuse (general rubbish) or recycling bins.
Medical and clinical waste collections
We provide a free collection service for residents who need clinical waste disposing of. Eligible residents are provided with a yellow clinical waste bin. These bins are collected fortnightly by a dedicated collection vehicle.
We can also help those who produce extra waste due to a medical condition (for example, incontinence), by providing a larger or extra refuse bin.
Before applying for this service, please speak to your health care provider(s) about your needs.
- Human waste from babies and toddlers, such as used nappies, would not be classed as clinical or medical waste
- Animal waste would not be classed as clinical or medical waste
- We are unable to collect medical and clinical waste from businesses and other non-domestic locations
Sharps box collection
We can collect sharps boxes on an ad hoc basis.
We can only collect sharps boxes that have an all yellow lid or all orange lid.
If your sharps boxes are a different colour (such as purple), please contact the health care provider(s) who gave you them.
- We are unable to collect sharps boxes from businesses and other non-domestic locations
- If required, we can leave an empty sharps box at the time of collection. The sharps box left will be approximately 22L in size