You can use our online forms to pay, report and apply, 24 hours a day.
Our online forms allow us to serve you better by asking all the necessary questions.
Please note that all planning enquiries are charged for.
If you prefer not to use online forms, there are a number of other ways to get in touch:
Email one of our departments
Phone 0300 1234000 (from 8.45am) to be connected to any council service.
Please note information on call charges
When calling the above number, please select:
- Option 1 for making a payment
- Option 2 for council tax, housing benefits or housing rents
- Option 3 for housing or housing repairs
- Option 4 for bins, household waste and recycling
- Option 5 for building control or planning
- Option 6 for licensing
- Option 7 for environmental health or general enquiries
If you've dialled 5 for Planning, the options are then as follows:
- Option 1 for Building Control (compliance with building regulations, demolitions, dangerous structures, and street naming & numbering)
- Option 2 for Land Charges
- Option 3 for Planning Application enquiries and tree matters including tree preservation orders
- Option 4 for Planning Policy (the Joint Local Plan and Neighbourhood Planning)
- Option 5 for Planning Enforcement who deal with breaches of Planning Control
- Option 6 for Heritage dealing with historic buildings within conservation areas
For emergency repairs to council properties or to report dangerous structures: 0808 168 7794
To make a payment: 0845 372 4112 (This call will cost you 3 pence per minute plus your phone company's access charge)
For a text mobile service for hard of hearing customers: 07827 842833
Customer Access Points in Ipswich Street, Stowmarket and Sudbury Town Hall have closed for face to face enquiries and visits.
Please attempt to resolve your query either online or by email or phone.
❌ Drop in to see us at 54 Ipswich Street, Stowmarket IP14 1AD
Monday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Tuesday from 10.00am to 5.00pm
Wednesday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Thursday from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Friday from 9.00am to 4.30pm
❌ Drop in to see us at Town Hall, Old Market Place, Sudbury CO10 1TL
Monday from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm
Tuesday from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm
Wednesday from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm
Thursday from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm
Friday from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 4.30pm
❌ Suffolk County Council's main offices are located at:
Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX
Further information about Suffolk County Council visitor facilities
Our mailing address is:
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
8 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2BX
Compliment, comment or complain
You can compliment our services, make a comment, or submit a complaint
Please only use these contact details if you are a journalist.
Email the Press Team or phone 01449 724842.
Visit our news section to read recent articles.
Find your councillor
Visit our online councillor information area
Highways, Education, Social Care and Rights of Way
Visit Suffolk County Council's website for highways, education or social care matters
Use Suffolk County Council's online reporting tool for public rights of way
(Return to the top of the page)