You can use our online forms to pay, report and apply, 24 hours a day.
Please note that all planning enquiries are charged for.
Our online forms allow us to serve you better by asking all the necessary questions.
However, if you prefer, there are a number of other ways to get in touch:
Email one of our departments
Phone 0300 1234000 (from 8.45am) to be connected to any council service.
Please note information on call charges.
When calling the above number, please select:
- Option 1 for making a payment
- Option 2 for council tax, housing benefits or housing rents
- Option 3 for housing or housing repairs
- Option 4 for bins, household waste and recycling
- Option 5 for building control or planning
- Option 6 for licensing
- Option 7 for environmental health or general enquiries
If you've dialled 5 for Planning, the options are then as follows:
- Option 1 for Building Control (compliance with building regulations, demolitions, dangerous structures, and street naming & numbering)
- Option 2 for Land Charges
- Option 3 for Planning Application enquiries and tree matters including tree preservation orders
- Option 4 for Planning Policy (the Joint Local Plan and Neighbourhood Planning)
- Option 5 for Planning Enforcement who deal with breaches of Planning Control
- Option 6 for Heritage dealing with historic buildings within conservation areas
For emergency repairs to council properties or to report dangerous structures: 0808 168 7794
To make a payment: 0845 372 4112 (This call will cost you 3 pence per minute plus your phone company's access charge)
For a text mobile service for hard of hearing customers: 07827 842833
- Drop in to see us at Stowmarket (54 Ipswich Street, IP14 1AD), Monday to Thursday, from 9.00am to 5.00pm, or Friday, from 9.00am to 4.30pm.
- Drop in to see us at Sudbury (Town Hall, Old Market Place, CO10 1TL), Monday to Thursday, from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 5.00pm, or Friday, from 9.00am to 12.30pm and from 1.30pm to 4.30pm.
Suffolk County Council's main offices are located at:
Endeavour House, 8 Russell Road, Ipswich IP1 2BX
See also: Suffolk County Council visitor facilities
Our mailing address is:
Babergh and Mid Suffolk District Councils
8 Russell Road
Ipswich IP1 2BX
Complain, compliment or comment
You can complain to us, pay a compliment or simply make a comment.
Please only use these contact details if you are a journalist.
Email the Press Team or phone 01449 724842.
Visit our news section to read recent articles.
Find your councillor
To find your councillor, visit our councillor information area.
Highways, Education, Social Care and Rights of Way
Visit the Suffolk County Council website for assistance with highways, education or social care matters.
If your query concerns public rights of way, please use Suffolk County Council's dedicated online reporting tool for public rights of way.
(Return to the top of the page)