Grass cutting and grounds maintenance
We maintain the grass, flower beds, shrubberies, hedges and trees on Council owned open spaces and grounds. We also cut some grass verges on behalf of Suffolk County Council (SCC).
Grounds maintenance is reviewed regularly to ensure that a high quality, cost-effective service is provided.
Please note that we are not responsible for the maintenance of rural highway verges. These are maintained by SCC Highways
What services do we provide?
- cutting and maintaining grass
- pruning and caring for trees to keep them healthy and in a safe condition
- maintaining shrubberies, rose beds and hedges
- maintaining play areas, collecting litter, sweeping paths and emptying litter bins
What we ask of you
- if you are unhappy with any aspect of the service, or are experiencing grounds maintenance problems in your area, contact us
- if you see any vandalism or antisocial behaviour please contact us - but inform the police first
- if you see anybody digging close to our trees (especially with a mechanical digger) please contact us
- if there is a vehicle involved in any of the above incidents, try and write down the registration plate. This could help us trace the offender
Report an issue
Before you report it to us, this might be one of the areas we're introducing wildflowers to increase plant life and wildlife in our district.
Report a grounds maintenance problem
Please note any issues relating to highways including potholes should be reported to SCC:
You can check which roads are gritted in Suffolk using Suffolk County Council's website.