Paying us by cheque
Due to measures put in place to protect our employees during the Coronavirus outbreak, most of our staff are now working from home.
This means that if you usually make payments to either council by cheque, the processing of your cheque will be delayed and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Payments can still be made using the following methods.
- Use our online instructions further down this page
- Debit and Credit card (please have your usual reference number ready to quote or enter, for example your Council Tax reference or Rent Tenancy Number)
- Telephoning the 24-hour automated telephone payment system on 0300 123 4000 and selecting Option 1.
- Telephoning customer services on 0300 123 4000 between 8:30am – 5:00pm
You can also make payment via Bank Transfer (quoting your usual reference) using the details below:
Mid Suffolk details
- For Council Tax & Business Rates – Sort Code 30-99-85, Account 00716577
- For Rents – Sort Code 30-99-85, Account 00708698
- For Other Services – Sort Code 30-99-85, Account 00708795
- For Council Tax & Business Rates – Sort Code 30-98-31, Account 01217231
- For Rents – Sort Code 30-98-31, Account 01217347
- For Other Services – Sort Code 30-98-31, Account 01217452
Pay online for our services:
Automated Telephone Payments (ATP)
Some services are available to pay via our Automated Telephone Payments (ATP) telephone number using your debit or credit card
Services that can be paid via ATP are as follows:
- Council Tax
- Business Rates
- Housing or Garage Rent
- Housing Benefit Over Payments
- Carpark Penalty Notices
- Sundry Debtors Invoices
To use the Automated Telephone Payment system (ATP) please call 0300 123 4000 and select option 1. This system is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. This call will cost you 3 pence per minute plus your phone company's access charge.