Chelmondiston Neighbourhood Plan
The Chelmondiston Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP), referred to locally as the 'Chelpin Plan', is being prepared by Chelmondiston Parish Council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 19 May 2021)
Babergh District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Chelmondiston NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On 19 May 2021, the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, the NDP meets the basic conditions and should proceed to a local referendum.
The district council will now work with the parish council to progress this plan. Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to this post-examination plan.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (15 Feb – 9 Apr 2021)
The district council carried out formal consultation on the submitted NDP to see if it fulfils the Basic Conditions set out in the Town & Country Planning Act 1990.
The consultation was carried out in accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended). The consultation period ran from 15 February to 9 April 2021.
The parish council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the area to which the proposed NDP covers
- The submission draft Chelpin Plan
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A copy of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Determination Notice
- A copy of the Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) Determination Notice
- A number of Supporting Documents
An assessment as to whether the NDP fulfils the Basic Conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. An initial check was carried out to confirm that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the examiner and (with the exception of personal details) published on this website. The parish council were also given the opportunity to respond to the representations made but confirmed that had no further comment to make.
- Read the Reg 16 Consultation Responses (Note: This is a large file)
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (18 July to 1 Sept 2020)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Chelpin Plan closed on 1 September 2020.
Visit Chelmondiston Parish Council's website for more information.
SEA/HRA Screening & Determination (May 2020)
A working draft of this NDP was assessed to decide whether an SEA and/or an HRA were needed. Both were 'screened-out'. The relevant reports and determination notices, which confirm that this plan is unlikely to have significant environmental effects, are published below:
- Read the Chelmondiston NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Mar 2020)
- Read the Chelmondiston NDP SEA Determination Notice (May 2020)
- Read the Chelmondiston NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Nov 2019)
- Read the Chelmondiston NDP HRA Determination Notice (May 2020)
Reg 05 Area Designation (Mar 2018)
The Chelmondiston NDP area was formally designated on 23 March 2018. A notice to this effect, the application and a map identifying the NDP area can be viewed below:
- Read the Chelmondiston NDP Area Designation Notice
- Read the Chelmondiston NDP Area Designation Application
- View the Chelmondiston NDP Area Map (Note: The area follows the parish boundary)