Chelmondiston Neighbourhood Plan
Chelmondiston Parish Council have begun the process of preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP). When complete, the Plan may:
- contain planning policies for the development and use of land;
- allocate sites within the parish for new homes, employment and community land uses;
- provide further guidance on the appearance and design of any new buildings.
Latest news ...
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (18 July to 1 Sept 2020)
The Parish Council have published their Regulation 14 Pre-submission draft NDP for public consultation. This commenced on Sat 18 July and will close on Tue 1 September 2020. To find out more, please go to their Chelpin Plan webpage.
Previous stages ...
SEA / HRA Screening & Determination (May 2020)
Working Pre-submission draft versions of this NDP were assessed to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and/or a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) were required. The outcome of this exercise was that the need for an SEA Scoping Report and/or HRA Scoping Report were both 'screened-out'. A copy of the relevant reports and Notices of Determination are published below:
- See the Chelmondiston NDP SEA Screening Report (Land Use Consultants, Mar 2020)
- See the Chelmondiston NDP SEA Determination Notice (May 2020)
- See the Chelmondiston NDP HRA Screening Report (Place Services, Nov 2019)
- See the Chelmondiston NDP HRA Determination Notice (May 2020)
Reg 05 Area Designation (Mar 2018)
On 9 March 2018, Chelmondiston Parish Council submitted an application to define the boundary of their Neighbourhood Plan. Under the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 (as amended), Babergh District Council confirmed the designated NDP area on 23 March 2018. A notice to this effect, a copy of the application and a map identifying the NDP area can be viewed below: