Stutton Neighbourhood Plan
The Stutton Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Stutton Parish Council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (underway, 21 November 2022)
Babergh District Council have appointed Ann Skippers BSc (Hons) MRTPI FHEA FRSA AoU to carry out an independent examination of the Stutton NDP. Further updates will be published here as and when appropriate.
Guidance published by NPIERS in 2018 also introduced the opportunity for NDP Groups to view and comment on the representations made at the Reg 16 stage.
Reg 16 Submission Consultation (12 September to 28 October 2022)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended), the submission draft Stutton NDP was made available for public consultation between 12 September and 28 October 2022.
- A map identifying the NDP area
- The submission draft Stutton NDP 2022 - 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A housing survey report (CAS, 2019)
- A parish landscape study (Dec 2021)
- A set of landscape study appendices
- A key views assessment report
- A Stutton design guidelines and codes document (AECOM, July 2021)
- A parish infrastructure investment plan (Nov 2019)
- A site options and assessment report (AECOM, Jan 2020)
- A strategic environmental assessment (SEA) scoping report (AECOM, Apr 2022)
- An SEA report (AECOM, July 2022)
- Copies of the SEA and habitats regulations assessment (HRA) screening reports and determination notices (as previously published on this webpage)
An assessment on how this NDP meets the Basic Conditions will be carried out by an independent examiner. Our initial check confirmed that the relevant requirements had been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the independent examiner and, with the exception of personal contact details, be published on this website.
SEA/HRA screening and determination (May 2022)
The pre-submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and/or a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-in'. The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Stutton NP SEA screening report (LUC, Jan 2022)
- Read the Stutton NDP SEA determination notice (May 2022)
- Read the Stutton NDP HRA screening report incl. appropriate assessment (Place Services, Jan 2022)
- Read the Stutton NDP HRA determination notice (May 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission consultation (8 November to 20 December 2021)
Pre-submission consultation ended on 20 December 2021.
Visit the parish council's website for more information.