Holiday activities for children
Children and young people across the district may be eligible for free school holiday club places and a meal.
The government’s Holiday Activities and Food Programme takes place during:
We have provided additional money to provide further holiday activities during the following half terms:
HAF enables children and young people to enjoy fun activities with friends and develop new skills.
Who is eligible?
The activities are for those who are eligible for benefits-related free school meals.
Other eligibility can include:
- Children assessed by the local authority as being in need, at risk or vulnerable.
- Young carers.
- Looked-after children or previously looked after children.
- Children with an EHC (education, health and care) plan
- Children who have low attendance rates at school or who are at risk of exclusion.
- Children living in areas of high deprivation or from low-income households who are not in receipt of free school meals.
- Children in transition phases between nursery and primary school or primary and secondary school.
If a child is not eligible, most providers offer paid for spaces.
How can I book activities?
For children during Easter holidays, summer holidays, and the Christmas holidays:
- Schools send out a code to all eligible children.
- This code will provide you a website link to Infolink- HAF where you will find all the activities across Suffolk which can be booked with the code.
- You can use the code for activities outside your district.
If you think that you are eligible to receive a code, then please speak with your school.
Children in secondary school do not need a code.
Codes are not needed for half terms. Providers will ask for eligibility.
If you need any support, please contact our HAF Coordinator Rachel Cattermole on HAFenquiries@baberghmidsuffolk.gov.uk