Bulky item collections
Can't get to a recycling centre? We can collect and dispose of household items for you, for £40.50.
We'll always aim to recycle your items, and when we can't, they'll be taken to Energy from Waste.
Business waste? Please head to business waste services instead to find out how we can help.
What you need to know:
- For a one off cost of £40.50, we will collect up to five separate items, or up to 10 bags of household refuse/garden waste
- Items must be able to be moved by one person with a sack barrow, or two people - this means we don't accept pianos or range type cookers for example
- We don't offer a house clearance service
- Items need to be placed where there is street access by 6:30am for your scheduled collection - we aren't able to enter properties, garages, back gardens or sheds
- We can only collect your items once we receive payment - this must be before 4pm on the last working day before your scheduled collection
- Items such as climbing frames, swings and trampolines must be dismantled before collection and are classed as one item
- Carpet and underlay count as two items
We don't accept:
- DIY waste - please see our hazardous waste collections
- Fixtures and fittings (including doors)
- Items filled with other waste - for example a fridge containing food
- Fridges or freezers containing ammonia
Book your collection
You can book your collection in two steps.
- Check collection availability
- Apply for your bulky collection
Please note, we aren't able to guarantee a specific time on your chosen collection day, however, we ask that your items are ready for collection by 6.30am.
Suffolk Age UK collections
Reducing waste is really important to us and as an alternative to our bulky item collections, we recommend Suffolk Age UK's free collection service.
Items in good working order such as furniture, white goods and small electrical items from residential properties (with appropriate fire labels) can be sold on in their charity shops.
Good quality furniture can also be re-used or recycled at: