Bulky item collections
Can't get to a recycling centre? For a one-off cost of £42.50 we can collect and dispose of household items for you.
We always aim to recycle the items. When we can't, they'll be taken to the Energy from Waste Facility.
Got business waste? Visit our Business waste webpage instead to find out how we can help.
What you need to know
- For a one off cost of £42.50, we'll collect up to 5 separate items, or up to 10 bags of household refuse/garden waste.
- Items must be moveable by one person with a sack barrow. This means we are unable to collect very large or heavy items, such as pianos or range type cookers.
- We do not offer a house clearance service.
- Items need to be placed where there is street access by 6:30am on your scheduled collection date. We cannot enter properties, garages, back gardens or sheds.
- Items such as climbing frames, swings and trampolines must be dismantled before collection and are classed as 1 item.
- Carpet and underlay count as 2 items.
- Items must be empty - e.g. fridges and freezers must not have any food left in them.
- Bookings and any changes must be made by midday on the working day before the scheduled collection date.
We do not accept:
- Hazardous or DIY waste – read about our hazardous waste collections
- Fixtures and fittings (including doors)
- Items filled with other waste - e.g. a fridge containing food or a chest of drawers with clothes still in
- Fridges or freezers containing ammonia
Unsure if we can take your item? Please contact Waste Services to find out more.
Book your collection
Please note that we are unable to provide a specific time on your chosen collection date. Your items must be ready for collection by 6:30am.
Reducing waste is really important to us, and it's an alternative to our bulky item collections.
You may wish to donate items that are in good working order to a local charity shop