Bulky item collections
Bulky household items, such as furniture, sofas and fridge-freezers, can be taken to a Suffolk Recycling Centre.
We can also collect and dispose of large household items for you.
We always aim to recycle the items. When we can't, they'll be taken to the Energy from Waste Facility.
For items from a business, please visit our Business waste webpage instead to find out how we can help.
What you need to know
- For a one off cost of £43.75, we'll collect up to 5 separate items, or up to 10 bags of household refuse/garden waste
- Items must be moveable by one person with a sack barrow. This means we are unable to collect very large or heavy items, such as pianos or range type cookers
- We do not offer a house clearance service
- Items must be easily accessible and placed where there is street access by 6.30am on your collection date
- We cannot enter properties, garages, back gardens or sheds to collect items
- Items such as climbing frames, swings and trampolines must be dismantled before collection and are classed as one item
- Carpet and underlay count as two items
- Items must be empty. For example, fridge-freezers must not have any food left in them and wardrobes need to be free of clothes
- Bookings, changes and cancellations must be made by midday on the working day before the scheduled collection date
We can not collect...
- Hazardous waste – read about our hazardous waste collections
- DIY waste, building materials, hardcore, rubble or soil - find out how you can dispose of these items at a Suffolk Recycling Centre
- Fixtures and fittings (including doors)
- Fridges or freezers containing ammonia
Unsure if we can take your item? Please email Waste Services to find out.
Book your collection
Please note that collections start from 6.30am and we are unable to provide a specific time.
Change your collection
If you have already booked a bulky item collection and need to make any changes (or cancel the collection) please email Waste Services.
Any changes or cancellations must be made by midday on the working day before the scheduled collection date.
Reducing waste is really important to us, and it's an alternative to our bulky item collections.
You may wish to donate items that are in good working order to a local charity shop.