Report Empty Homes
Empty homes can attract anti-social behaviour, and cause problems to neighbours. Over time, they may also need repairs to improve their condition.
Bringing an empty home back into use has a number of benefits. It can:
- provide a home for others to use
- reduce the risk of crime and vandalism
- make money for the owner and increase the value of the property
How we can help
We offer a range of services to support owners and neighbours of empty homes.
We can offer:
- general advice and support
- construction support and project planning
- financial interest free loan assistance
- landlord lettings and income assistance
We can also consider using enforcement action. We might:
- issue legal documents, called enforcement notices, to deal with dangerous or derelict buildings
- issue an improvement notice to get any hazards removed
- take over the running of the property
- purchase the property (as a last resort)
We want to help empty home owners as much as possible - whilst avoiding enforcement actions.
To discuss any of the services we can offer you and to find out more information please contact us: