Report Empty Homes
Empty homes can cause problems to neighbours, attract anti-social behaviour and over time, require repairs to improve the condition of it.
Bringing an empty home back into use has a number of benefits. These can be
- Reducing the risk of crime and vandalism
- Providing a home for others to use
- making money for the owner and increasing the price of the property
How we can help
We offer a range of services to give the best support to empty homes owners and neighbours.
We can offer:
- advice and assistance
- financial assistance to owners
- to buy empty homes from the owners
- to find suitable companies to do works for owners
We may consider to use enforcement action, this could be:
- issuing legal documents called enforcement notices to deal with dangerous or derelict buildings
- issue an improvement notice to get any hazards removed
- take over the running of the property
- to purchase the property (as a last resort)
We want to help empty home owners as much as possible, whilst avoiding enforcement actions.