Lavenham Neighbourhood Plan
The Lavenham Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) has been prepared by Lavenham Parish Council. Once complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the parish.
Proposed modification of adopted NDP
The Lavenham NDP was first adopted in 2016.
In late 2020, a committee was set up to carry out a review and, as necessary, update and modify this NDP. Essentially, that requires a repeat of the plan preparation process, starting with evidence gathering and then pre-submission consultation.
Visit the parish council's website for more information.
Formal adoption (September 2016)
At its Full Council meeting on 20 September 2016, Babergh District Council resolved to adopt ('make') the Lavenham NDP following a majority 'yes' vote in favour of doing so by local residents.
The Plan, which covers the period up to 2031, now forms part of the development plan framework for the district and will be used in the determination of planning applications submitted in Lavenham unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
- View the adopted Lavenham Neighbourhood Plan
- View the Evidence Baseline 1 & 2
- View the Appendix 3 Views Assessment
- View the landscape character assessment
- View the adoption Decision Statement
- View the Lavenham NDP area map
Reg 18 Local referendum (September 2016)
Reg 17 Independent examination (April 2016)
Reg 16 Submission consultation (January - February 2016)
- View the submission draft Lavenham NDP (Dec 2015)
- View the consultation statement and
- Basic Conditions statement
- View the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) screening report
Reg 05 Area Designation (September 2013)
- View the area designation documents