Holbrook Neighbourhood Plan
The Holbrook Neighbourhood Development Plan (NDP) is being prepared by Holbrook Parish Council and the local community. When complete, it will be used to help guide and shape future development in the plan's area.
Reg 18 Exam Report Decision Statement (27 February 2023)
New procedures, agreed in September 2021, mean that a NDP can now be advance to a referendum without Cabinet approval where there is no objection to implementing the Examiner's recommendations. That applies in this case, and the decision is confirmed through publication of the following statement:
As soon as we can, we will publish the referendum version of this NDP, and confirm the date of the referendum.
Reg 17 Independent Examination (Final Report dated 20 February 2023)
Babergh District Council appointed Janet Cheesley BA (Hons) DipTP MRTPI to carry out an independent examination of the Holbrook NDP. The examination was conducted through written correspondence.
On Monday 20 February 2023, the Examiner issued her final report. It recommends that, subject to modification, this NDP meets the basic conditions and that it should proceed to a local referendum.
- Read the Holbrook NDP Examiner's Report (20 Feb 2023)
- See also the examination correspondence document
Planning Practice Guidance also provides advice on the weight to be attached to a post-examination plan.
Reg 16 Submission consultation (28 Nov 2022 to 25 Jan 2023)
In accordance with Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations 2012 (as amended), the submission draft Holbrook NDP was made available for public consultation between 28 November 2022 and 25 January 2023.
Holbrook Parish Council (the qualifying body) had formally submitted the following documents:
- A Map identifying the NDP Area
- The submission draft Holbrook NDP 2022 – 2037
- A Consultation Statement
- A Basic Conditions Statement
- A Landscape Assessment Report (AFA, Mar 2020)
- A Housing Needs Assessment Report (AECOM, Jan 2020)
- A Site Options Assessment Report (AECOM, Dec 2019)
- Copies of the SEA and HRA Screening Reports and Determination Notices (see under Previous Stages section below)
An assessment on how this NDP meets the basic conditions will be undertaken by an Independent Examiner. Our initial check confirmed that the relevant requirements have been met at this stage. View the Regulation 15 Checklist.
Respondents were also reminded that their comments would be forwarded to the Examiner and, with the exception of personal details, be published on this website.
- Read the Reg 16 Consultation responses [Note: This is a large, 18Mb file]
- See the Parish Councils response
SEA/HRA Screening and Determination (Sept 2022)
A copy of the submission draft NDP was screened to determine whether a Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) and or a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) were needed. Both were 'screened-out'.
The relevant reports and determination notices are published below:
- Read the Holbrook NDP SEA Screening Report (LUC, June 2022)
- Read the Holbrook NDP SEA Determination Notice (Sept 2022)
- Read the Holbrook NDP HRA Screening Report (LUC, July 2022)
- Read the Holbrook NDP HRA Determination Notice (Sept 2022)
Reg 14 Pre-submission Consultation (25 Oct to 5 Dec 2021)
Pre-submission consultation on the draft Holbrook NDP ended on 5 December 2021.
Please visit the parish council's website for more information.